Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The Long, Long Wait.....

Well, I thought that I would go vote mid-morning between the morning rush and the lunch rush to try and not get stuck in line. It didn't work that way. I ended up standing outside, in the rain, for 1 1/2 hours. The picture above is down the side of the school building. I turned the corner and could finally see the entrance. Maybe, just maybe, I'm getting close.


Oh, the disappointment. The lines wound around the hallway for another hour before alas I finally got to cast my ballot.



It was frustrating to be in line and people with names starting with I thru O were in and out in 10 minutes. They only had three tables A-H, I-O and P-Z. Guess which line was the longest? Of course the P-Z. I hope they come up with a better method of using their resources next time.

I complain but I would do it again to excercise my right to vote as a citizen of this great country. Don't forget to go vote today!!!

4 comments:

Shari said...

Hey, hey, hey...it only took me 15-20 minutes to cast my ballot in Sterling - If everyone votes in this district there would be a total of 794 voters... I didn't feel the frustration that you felt today - hopefully your frustration will NOT continue after the RESULTS are known... Mom

Plattner Ranch said...

We voted early, actually absentee but it was when the early voting was happening. We just waited for them to print our forms and off we went!!!

Everyone in Jamaica is for Obama. I saw a guy with an Obama shirt on. Chad talked to an old lady at an infirmiry yesterday that was all for Obama but didn't know why!!!

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Hi Cori ~ I didn't know you had a new blog...it's fun to see you back to posting again! :)

I hate to tell you, but my voting process only took 10 minutes. One of the benefits of living in the middle of nowhere!

Angie

Cori said...

I guess I can't complain too much. I just heard on the news that some people here in the Tidewater area have had to wait 7-8 hours because of problems with the machines and the number of people.